The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announcing former US Vice President Al Gore as an opening keynote speaker at the Agriculture Innovation Mission for Climate (AIM for Climate) Summit, taking place on May 8-10, 2023, in Washington D.C. The AIM for Climate Summit will bring together partners to increase and accelerate investment in and support for climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation.
Secretary Vilsack and Her Excellency Mariam bint Mohammed Almheiri, United Arab Emirates Minister of Climate Change and Environment, are also confirmed keynote speakers. Additional names to be announced soon.
Other Summit highlights include presentations from the venture capital investment community to tackle the challenges of global hunger, food insecurity, and climate change and an opensource AI and machine-learning challenge to further advance climate-smart agricultural innovation.
The Summit is organised by AIM for Climate, an initiative led by the US and UAE governments focusing on increasing investment in climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation to accelerate climate action, tackle global hunger and food insecurity. At COP27, increased investments of more than $8bn was announced.
About the AIM for Climate Summit
- The Summit was announced at COP27 in 2022 by US Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack.
- The Summit is a premier event for AIM for Climate partners designed to serve as a dynamic platform to raise ambition, build collaborations, and share knowledge on innovative solutions in the lead-up to COP28.
- Supported by the Foundation for Food & Agriculture Research
- Partners are invited to host engaging breakout sessions, present in an interactive exhibit hall, and facilitate tours for participants.
- Participants include partners, policymakers, industry leaders, civil society groups, scientists, and researchers worldwide who will explore how to drive rapid and transformative food systems leading to accelerated climate action.
- Following a Call to Action to Unite the Global Venture Investment community in support of climate-smart agricultural innovation at COP27, organizations that respond to the Call to Action will be invited to participate in the Summit.
- Finalists and winners will be announced at the Summit for the AIM for Climate Grand Challenge: Leveraging the Power of AI and Machine-Learning, hosted by partner Enterprise Neurosystem.
About AIM for Climate
- AIM for Climate is an initiative led by the US and UAE governments, which focuses on increasing investment in climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation to accelerate climate action.
- The initiative was announced at COP26 by President Biden with an initial investment of $4bn and is now supported by more than 275 partners worldwide with increased investments of more than $8 billion (this includes over $1bn of investments from AIM for Climate Innovation Sprints, initiatives led and funded by partners to achieve a specific outcome or output in agricultural innovation).
- Innovation Sprints are aligned to one or more focal areas such as innovation sprints supporting small-holder farmers in low- and middle-income countries, emerging technologies, agroecological research and methane reduction.
Post a Comment